Emily Scherrer, APRN, CPNP
Pediatric Nursing & Advanced Practices
525 Oak Centre Drive
San Antonio, TX 78258
Phone: (210) 890-5444
Fax: (210) 593-3099
- Master of Science: Nursing, Pediatric Nursing-Primary Care—Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock
- Bachelor of Science: Nursing —University of Texas Health Sciences Center, San Antonio
- Certifications: Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Certified Nurse Practitioner-Primary Care, Certified Pediatric Nurse
About the Provider
Emily Scherrer is a certified pediatric nurse practitioner specializing in treating children from birth through young adulthood. She has pursued this specialized focus since the outset of her career 12 years ago, advancing her education in the field by earning a master’s degree in pediatric nursing in 2021. During Nurse Practitioner Scherrer’s dozen years of actual pediatric nursing experience, she has worked in hospital and clinic settings, in government and private sectors. In addition to general pediatric nursing, she has experience in the sub-specialties of pediatric endocrinology, pediatric genetics and metabolism, and pediatric infectious disease.
Nurse Practitioner Scherrer’s philosophy of care is based on the premises that children should be empowered to become their own best health advocate, and that treating children involves the entire family. She is committed to educating her patients on health topics and disease processes at age-appropriate levels, in order to optimize understanding and compliance. She is a member of the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners.
Married for more than a quarter century, NP Scherrer enjoys spending time with her husband and two young adult children, as well as friends and her three dogs. She enjoys family game nights, reading, traveling, and home improvement projects with her husband.
- Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Diabetes Education
- Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome
- Thyroid disorders
- Travel Medicine counseling
- Post-Travel Medical evaluations