Ann Straight, MD
- Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship, National Capital Consortium
- Pediatric Residency, National Capital Consortium
- Pediatric Internship, National Capital Consortium
- Doctorate of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program, Towson State University
- Bachelor of Psychology, Loyola College
About the Provider
Dr. Ann Straight is board certified in Pediatric Endocrinology and General Pediatrics. She graduated from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in 1998 and was direct commissioned into the United States Army. Dr. Straight completed her pediatric internship, residency, and pediatric endocrinology fellowship at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. She served as a staff pediatric endocrinologist at Walter Reed until 2005 then was transferred to Brooke Army Medical Center to serve as Assistant Chief and, later, Chief of the Pediatric Endocrinology Department.
In 2011, Dr. Straight transitioned to the United States Army Reserves where she served as Deputy Chief of Clinical Services for a medical backfill battalion and joined a civilian endocrinology practice in San Antonio. She completed her 20-year military career in 2018 retiring with the rank of Colonel.
Dr. Straight has been married to her husband for twenty-two years and they are proud parents of two children. In her leisure time, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, running, playing games, watching football, going to the beach, reading, and watching movies.
- Growth Disorders
- Delayed and Precocious Puberty
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome
- Thyroid Disorders
- Adrenal Gland Disorders
- Disorders of Calcium Homeostasis